Published on 30 May 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper will review the SRO's investigation, penalty and collection powers and the management options for tax payers when a land tax problem arises, including;
- Notification obligations for land trusts and penalties imposed if a notification is not properly made;
- Tax aviodance schemes for nominating and restructuring;
- SRO investigation powers and penalties;
- Vauations and disputing valuations;
- Enforcement of land tax;
- Challenging a land tax assessment.
Ron Jorgensen, CTA, is a Partner at Rigby Cooke Lawyers. Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and state tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcements, and specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax-sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist in Tax Law, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and a respected technical writer and presenter. Ron is a fierce advocate for taxpayers.
- Current at
08 September 2017