Published on 30 May 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper will review the SRO's investigation, penalty and collection powers and the management options for tax payers when a land tax problem arises, including;
- Notification obligations for land trusts and penalties imposed if a notification is not properly made;
- Tax aviodance schemes for nominating and restructuring;
- SRO investigation powers and penalties;
- Vauations and disputing valuations;
- Enforcement of land tax;
- Challenging a land tax assessment.
Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and State tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcement. Ron specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist Tax Law and member of the Tax Law Advisory Committee with the Law Institute of Victoria. He is a member of the Property and Commercial Law Committee of the Law Society of Tasmania. Ron is a Chartered Tax Advisor and member and former chair of the States Taxes Committee (Vic) of The Tax Institute. Ron was recognised by Doyle’s Guide Leading Tax Lawyer - Victoria for 2015 to 2021 and Best Lawyers for tax law - Australia 2021 and Global 2021.
- Current at
16 July 2021