Published on 21 Feb 14
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- can you reduce GST by not registering?
- can you reduce GST by deregistering?
- can you reduce GST using margin scheme?
- can you reduce GST using going concern?
- can you recover input tax credits?
- can you recover past input tax credits?
- can you reduce land tax using minority interests?
- can you reduce land tax using trusts?
- can you reduce stamp duty with equity bonds or cloning?
Michael is the Partner in charge of the Finlaysons Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in corporate restructurings, cross-border investment, property, wine and mining taxation, trusts, and estate and succession planning. Michael is a past chair of The Tax Institute’s South Australia State Council and a regular contributor to Institute events.
- Current at
22 February 2021
Grantley Stevens, CTA, is the Partner responsible for Nexia Edwards Marshall's Business Consulting and Taxation divisions. He consults to many medium-to-large businesses involved in agriculture, engineering, property, retail and hospitality. He specialises in income tax, FBT, CGT, GST and management consulting, and is also a director of Greyhounds Racing SA and is on the Finance Committee of the Port Adelaide Football Club.
- Current at
17 May 2018