Published on 21 Feb 14
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- can you reduce GST by not registering?
- can you reduce GST by deregistering?
- can you reduce GST using margin scheme?
- can you reduce GST using going concern?
- can you recover input tax credits?
- can you recover past input tax credits?
- can you reduce land tax using minority interests?
- can you reduce land tax using trusts?
- can you reduce stamp duty with equity bonds or cloning?
Grantley Stevens CTA
Grantley Stevens is the Partner responsible for Nexia Edwards Marshall's Business Consulting and Taxation divisions. He consults to many medium to large businesses involved in agriculture, engineering, property, retail and hospitality. He specialises in income tax, FBT, CGT, GST and management consulting and is also a director Greyhounds Racing SA and on the finance committee of the Port Adelaide Football Club. Current at 30 August 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Grantley STEVENS.
Michael Butler CTA
Michael is the Partner in charge of the Finlaysons Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in mining and property taxation, corporate restructurings, international tax issues, and estate and succession planning. Michael is the Visiting Lecturer in Tax at the University of Adelaide Law School, and is a regular contributor to The Tax Institute events. Current at 19 March 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael BUTLER.
Further details about this event: