Published on 21 Feb 14
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- can you reduce GST by not registering?
- can you reduce GST by deregistering?
- can you reduce GST using margin scheme?
- can you reduce GST using going concern?
- can you recover input tax credits?
- can you recover past input tax credits?
- can you reduce land tax using minority interests?
- can you reduce land tax using trusts?
- can you reduce stamp duty with equity bonds or cloning?
Grantley Stevens, CTA, is the Partner responsible for Nexia Edwards Marshall's Business Consulting and Taxation divisions. He consults to many medium-to-large businesses involved in agriculture, engineering, property, retail and hospitality. He specialises in income tax, FBT, CGT, GST and management consulting, and is also a director of Greyhounds Racing SA and is on the Finance Committee of the Port Adelaide Football Club.
- Current at
17 May 2018
Michael is the Partner in charge of the Finlaysons Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises domestic and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in mining and property taxation, corporate restructurings, cross-border investment, trusts, and estate and succession planning. Michael is a past chair of The Tax Institute’s South Australia State Council and a regular contributor to Institute events.
- Current at
26 June 2019