Published on 06 Dec 07
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Issues covered in this paper include:
- what an instalment warrant is and why the SIS Act was amended
- statutory requirements for a complying loan
- freedoms and uncertainties in the legislation
- why you might want to gear a super fund, with a focus on SMSFs and real estate
- when gearing would be inappropriate
- how to implement a geared direct real estate investment.
Jeffrey is a Partner at Thomson Geer, where he advises on a wide range of taxation, structuring and superannuation issues with a focus on privately-held businesses and high wealth family groups. His is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a taxation specialist. He has held a variety of committee roles with The Tax Institute and is presently a member of the Victorian State Council. Jeffrey is the author of numerous tax articles published in professional journals, and a regular presenter at The Tax Institute's seminars.
- Current at
03 July 2015