Published on 14 Mar 11
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- how was Division 7A thought to operate?
- what does the ATO consider is the scope of Division 7A?
- what alternatives are available to Division 7A applying?
- how will Division 7A apply to trusts?
- what deficiencies are there in the practice statement and ruling?
- what impact will the ATO’s new view have on choice of entity structure?
Andrew is a Partner in the Sydney law firm Brown Wright Stein Lawyers. His clients are accountants and lawyers in public practice that require advice on tax issues impacting on their clients. Andrew specialises in tax issues common to the SME and high-wealth individual sectors.
- Current at
23 January 2018