Published on 28 Oct 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers the following topics:
- income tax and CGT issues on vesting and termination of trusts
- accessing CGT concessions
- alternative tax effective ways to deal with your trust and its assets
- why stamp duty is so important
- dealing with special circumstances, such as family break-up or divorce.
Peter is a consultant to Grant Thornton. He has over 30 years experience giving professional taxation advice and dealing with change to Australian tax laws. Peter provides advice in many areas of taxation, including business taxation, business and investment structuring, international tax planning, prudential tax audits and tax risk management. Peter is a past State Chair of The Tax Institute’s Queensland Division and is currently a member of the Institute’s National Council.
- Current at
26 September 2017