Published on 22 Feb 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers topics including:
- discretionary trusts
- superannuation funds
- basic recovery rules of bankruptcy and liquidation
- strategies for your clients
- restructuring and the effect of the demerger and value shifting rules
- distinguish between assets owned-v-controlled
- dealing with beneficiary loan accounts - forgive or assign?
Greg is a partner in Cooper Grace Ward's commercial practice. He has extensive experience in providing commercial and tax related advice to private and corporate clients and gives specialist advice to accountants and other financial service providers on a wide range of direct and indirect tax issues (particularly income and capital gains tax and GST), state taxes and superannuation. Greg also has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions and corporate and trust restructuring issues. He is a regular speaker at seminars and professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia, The Tax Institute and the Queensland Law Society. Greg has been listed by Best Lawyers Australia for Tax in 2012 and 2013. He has also been listed for Commercial as well as Trusts and Estates in 2013.
- Current at
30 August 2017