Published on 19 Jul 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues:
- when/how a subsidiary member exits a group
- rebuilding equity and debt cost bases on exit - the problem of amortising equity
- are the shares on capital account or revenue account?
- goodwill and other special assets
- exit history rule
- CGT and Event L5
- application of loss integrity measures on exit
- concessions for transitional groups on exit.
Cameron Rider is a Special Counsel at Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills practising in corporate and international tax. He was a professor, and still teaches, at the Law School at the University of Melbourne.
- Current at
14 December 2017