Expenditure on exploration or prospecting paper
Published on 25 Oct 10
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- tension points in relation to exploration
- a commercial discovery, or a commercially viable project?
- exploration or prospecting as defined in Division 40 of the Tax Act 1997
- meaning of 'feasibility studies to evaluate economic feasibility' of mining
- the relevance of the final investment decision
- is it correct to distinguish between a commercial discovery and a commercially viable project?