Published on 19 Feb 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- selecting the most tax-efficient structure: company, discretionary/unit/hybrid trust, partnership or joint venture
- deductibility of interest
- obtaining favourable GST outcomes on purchase, construction and sale
- managing gain on sale in tax-efficient manner
- case studies dealing with residential apartment, retail and commercial, and holiday developments.
Michael Butler FTIA is a Partner at Finlaysons' Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises both domestic
and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in property tax
issues. Michael is the author of the book "Australian Federal Company Taxation" and a regular contributor to Taxation
Institute of Australia events.
Current at 23 March 2009 Current at 15 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael BUTLER.