Published on 02 Nov 07
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper focuses specifically on the consequences of failing to withhold on account of non resident withholding tax, and covers the following issues:
- loss/deferral of deductions
- Section 26-35 and section 82KK: how do they fit together?
- impact on franking credits available
- administrative sanctions
- penal sanctions
- flowing through trusts and trustee liabilities
- interface with Part IVA
- does the TAA language represent a change?
Betsy is a Taxation Partner in the Sydney office of Mallesons Stephen Jaques working primarily in corporate and international tax with a focus on structured finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions and tax litigation. Betsy has over 20 years of experience in the taxation area, both in Australia and in New Zealand. In this role, Betsy provided tax advice across a wide range of transactions, particularly in the cross border acquisition and funds management areas.
- Current at
26 September 2007