Published on 28 May 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- introduction to interaction of family law and superannuation
- recent expansion of federal jurisdiction for family law to cover marriages, de-facto relationships and same sex couples
- superannuation "splitting"
- superannuation and financial agreements
- family law and self managed funds.
Barry is an accredited specialist in family law with 24 years experience in family law. He is a
Partner at Watts McCray Lawyers Australia's largest specialist family law firm with offices in
Sydney, Parramatta and Canberra. He is the former deputy registrar/mediator of the family court
and is an accredited mediator. Barry is a member of the International Association of Matrimonial
Lawyers ( IAML) and member of the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Current at
01 April 2009