Published on 07 Sep 11
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what relationships give rise to rights under family law?
- the Family Court's traditional approach to dealing with companies and trusts
- Section 106B Family Law Act 1975
- recent decisions and the current direction
- how are inheritances treated?
- are future inheritances at risk?
- what principles apply to the assets that are deemed to be part of the asset pool?
- what can clients do to limit family law risks?
Current at 27 September 2011