Published on 07 Sep 11
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what relationships give rise to rights under family law?
- the Family Court's traditional approach to dealing with companies and trusts
- Section 106B Family Law Act 1975
- recent decisions and the current direction
- how are inheritances treated?
- are future inheritances at risk?
- what principles apply to the assets that are deemed to be part of the asset pool?
- what can clients do to limit family law risks?
Monica has expertise in all aspects of matrimonial and domestic and same sex property matters, including issues relating to children (residence, contact and international and interstate relocation applications), child support, complex property settlements (property and maintenance negotiations, advice and preparation of binding financial agreements) and intervention order matters.
Current at 08 September 2011
Further details about this event: