Published on 05 Aug 09
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the context of tax reform
- implications for tax architecture
- implied vision for Australia
- international trends and advances in theory and evidence
- is there a future for State and Territory taxes?
- State and Territory tax bases and federal finances
- alternative State and Territory revenues
- other issues in State and Territory tax reform.
Greg is an Adjunct Professor at the Australian Catholic
University and a Senior Fellow at the Melbourne Law School. He is
also a member of the Commonwealth Grants Commission, CEDA
Council on Economic Policy, and the Government's Specialist
Reference Group on the Taxation of Multinational Enterprises in
Australia. He was formerly a head of the Federal Treasury Revenue
and Budget Groups, and a member of the 'Henry' Future Tax
System Review panel. Greg has recently been appointed Chair of
the Grants Commission.
- Current at
14 August 2014