Published on 22 Jul 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues:
- extension of PAYG withholding from 1 July 2003
- likely taxable payments made to non-residents
- exemptions, treaty relief and seeking tax refunds
- gross-up clauses in services agreements
- dealings between non-residents
- update on royalty, dividend and interest withholding taxes.
Christopher Catt is a Barrister at 5 Selborne Chambers, specialising in all aspects of taxation law. At the Bar, Chris has represented taxpayer clients at all stages of their disputes with the Commissioner, starting with collating and preparing voluntary disclosures, responding to position papers, then challenging amended assessments and debt recovery proceedings brought by the Commissioner through mediation and appeals to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Federal Court; and defending claims in the District Court and Supreme Court and negotiating stays of execution of judgments and settlements.
- Current at
18 June 2018