Published on 22 Jul 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues:
- extension of PAYG withholding from 1 July 2003
- likely taxable payments made to non-residents
- exemptions, treaty relief and seeking tax refunds
- gross-up clauses in services agreements
- dealings between non-residents
- update on royalty, dividend and interest withholding taxes.
Christopher is a barrister, at Selborne Chambers, specialising in all aspects of taxation law. Prior to going to the bar in 2003, Chris had 16 years experience in advising financial institutions and large Australian and international corporations on income and capital gains tax issues, including taxation obligations arising from cross-border transactions and agreements.
Current at 9 November 2007 Current at 21 November 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Christopher CATT.