Published on 27 Feb 08
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the Australian tax system - differences between State and Federal Taxation
- who and what is taxed?
- economic efficiency & equity - basic policy concepts
- the concept of assessable income, allowable deductions and tax accounting
- political and institutional matters - funding government, the Executive and the role of the Commissioner
- a brief introduction to the administration of tax law
- dispute resolution - the Courts, the Ombudsman and informal internal ATO resolution.
Simon is a senior manager at in the Tax Advisory Division of Moore Stephens Melbourne. Simon joined the firm in 2007, prior to this Simon worked for the Australian Taxation Office where he worked in Project Wickenby having a particular focus on international tax structuring. Since joining Moore Stephens, Simon has been involved in a wide range of tax consulting and compliance activities. Working in Moore Stephens Simon has a particular focus on in International taxation and private client issues such as trusts and Division 7A.
- Current at
22 June 2012