Published on 27 Feb 08
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the Australian tax system - differences between State and Federal Taxation
- who and what is taxed?
- economic efficiency & equity - basic policy concepts
- the concept of assessable income, allowable deductions and tax accounting
- political and institutional matters - funding government, the Executive and the role of the Commissioner
- a brief introduction to the administration of tax law
- dispute resolution - the Courts, the Ombudsman and informal internal ATO resolution.
Simon is a Taxation Manager with Moore Stephens.
Current at 8 August 2008 Current at 05 February 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Simon TUCKER.