Published on 20 Sep 11
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the new trust streaming rules (Division 6E)
- were the new streaming rules really necessary? (Greenhatch Case)
- ATO’s response to the Colonial decision
- ATO ID 2011/58: Taxation of trust distributions for revenue holders
- TD 2011/21: The ongoing capital v revenue debate for trusts
- Clark’s case: Is the trust resettlement question now settled?
- ongoing tax issues for stapled groups and public unit trusts.
Craig is a Senior Manager in KPMG’s RCraig is a Director in KPMG’s Real Estate Tax Group and specialises in the
property sector along with M&A work. Craig has had many years of professional
experience in the Real Estate, Construction and Retirement Village Industries. He
has provided extensive taxation advice about the structuring financing of
property projects, establishing property funds, methods of recognising income
under long term construction contracts, domestic and cross-border finance
products, conducting tax due diligence for clients, as well as issuing taxation
reports in prospectuses and offer information memoranda. He is a member of
the Regulatory and Liaison Committee of the Asian Public Real Estate
- Current at
21 August 2014
Scott Farrell, ATI, is a Tax Partner at KPMG in the Deal Advisory Tax Group. He has advised clients on investing into infrastructure projects across various sectors as part of government privatisations and as part of secondary market transactions (including public market takeovers). Scott has had in excess of 27 years experience in advising both local and international fund investors on structuring for listed and unlisted infrastructure and property investments.
- Current at
23 September 2011