Published on 26 Aug 04
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers the intricacies of distributing or liberating wealth from continuing companies including:
- the advantages of schemes of arrangement in complex client structures
- what to do to deal with value shifting traps
- dealing effectively with possible debt forgiveness implications
- structuring and optimising capital reductions / buybacks - avoiding assessable dividends
- capital benefits and dividend streaming implications.
This paper was also presented by Michael Hennessey at the 'Roadmap to Business Structures' seminar held in Brisbane on 19 November 2004. Michael also presented a large proportion of the paper at the 'My Client the Retiree/Investor' seminar held in Maroochydore on 8 April 2005 and at the '2005 North Queensland Convention' held in Townsville on 19 and 20 May 2005.
Paul is a Partner at Arnold Bloch Leibler and the Practice Leader of the firm’s taxation practice. He provides strategic
and technical advice to a diverse range of Australian and international clients, including high net worth individuals, some
of Australia’s largest family groups and public companies. Paul regularly acts in significant and complex audits, disputes
- Current at
28 July 2016