Published on 01 Sep 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues regarding distributions from trusts:
- how to get them right and avoid getting them wrong
- importance of understanding the trust deed
- wording of resolutions
- streaming to beneficiaries
- distributing CGT concessions
- distributing to companies
- distributions to non-residents
- amending assessments - the tricks and traps.
This seminar paper was also presented by Arlene Macdonald at the Trusts - Distributions and Losses seminar held in Darwin on 26 September 2003.
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
22 May 2017