Published on 01 Sep 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues regarding distributions from trusts:
- how to get them right and avoid getting them wrong
- importance of understanding the trust deed
- wording of resolutions
- streaming to beneficiaries
- distributing CGT concessions
- distributing to companies
- distributions to non-residents
- amending assessments - the tricks and traps.
This seminar paper was also presented by Arlene Macdonald at the Trusts - Distributions and Losses seminar held in Darwin on 26 September 2003.
Ken is a Solicitor - Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers specialising in taxation matters (including State Taxes, stamp duty, payroll tax and land tax) and with extensive experience in business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is very experienced in tax dispute matters, negotiations for settlements, mediations and conciliations and litigation. He regularly appears before the AAT and NCAT and instructs counsel in matters before the Courts. Ken was National President of the Institute in 2012.
- Current at
16 January 2019