Published on 01 Sep 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues regarding distributions from trusts:
- how to get them right and avoid getting them wrong
- importance of understanding the trust deed
- wording of resolutions
- streaming to beneficiaries
- distributing CGT concessions
- distributing to companies
- distributions to non-residents
- amending assessments - the tricks and traps.
This seminar paper was also presented by Arlene Macdonald at the Trusts - Distributions and Losses seminar held in Darwin on 26 September 2003.
Ken is a tax and commercial law partner in the Sydney office of SBN Lawyers. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including State taxes) as well as business structuring, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is a National Councillor of the Tax Institute and a member of the NSW Divisional Council and Education Committee. He is also a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and has recently been involved as a member of the Working Group on Managed Investment Trusts.
Current at 13 January 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SCHURGOTT.
Further details about this event: