Getting your practice ready for the new Tax Agent regulatory scheme paper
Published on 17 Nov 09
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- registration requirements and transitional arrangements
- implications for the structures that can be used including trusts, partnerships and companies
- adequate supervision and control of employees and contractors
- what you need to do if you are outsourcing to related entities, Australian entities and offshore entities
- your obligations under the Code of Professional Conduct
- updating engagement letters and ensuring instructions are adequate
- safe harbour provisions for your clients
- penalties for taxpayers relying on tax agents versus sanctions on tax agents for breach of the Code
- how to keep up-to-date.
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Dr Michael DIRKIS.
Further details about this event: