Published on 26 Aug 04
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers the following topics:
- the most common Div 7A errors and exposures
- the interaction between Div 7A and FBT
- loan strategies to minimise 'gap' tax
- the interaction between Div 7A and FBT Loan strategies to minimise 'gap' tax
- wrinkles in the new Subdivision EA.
Les Szekely BA LLM FTIA first worked as a solicitor and then taught commercial and revenue law at the
University of NSW and then at Sydney University. Les joined Horwath in 1984 as a Senior Tax Manager
and became a Tax Partner in 1987. Following the recent merger between Horwath and Deloitte, Les
became Director of Taxation, Deloitte Growth Solutions. For nearly 20 years his professional career has
been dedicated entirely to tax consulting for cross border transactions, business reorganisations,
mergers and acquisitions. Les has been extensively published in CCH, Rydges, IBFD and Information
Australia on both domestic and international issues.
Current at 5 February 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Les SZEKELY.
Further details about this event: