Published on 10 Aug 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper explores the following GST and property issues:
- margin scheme
- how does it operate?
- the impact of the new rulings
- what the ATO expects from a valuation
- what is a residential property?
- Marana Holdings and its aftermath
- Toyoma v Landmark
- commercial residential v residential
- what is an enterprise?
- change in use
John is the Partner in charge of GST and Indirect Taxes with Grant Thornton. He works exclusively on GST matters and has 25 years of experience dealing with indirect taxes. John is a wellknown tax writer and lecturer and has also been an examiner for the UK Chartered Institute of Taxation, the Institute of Indirect Tax and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Current at
15 September 2017