Published on 09 Apr 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- issues specific to vendors and purchasers - both tax and commercial aspects
- a comparison between the sale of business assets and the sale of shares or units
- apportionment of consideration between assets sold
- taxation rollovers for depreciating assets and stock
- employee issues and retiring allowances for vendor proprietors
- restrictive covenants
- claw back and earn out clauses
- accessing the sale proceeds from within structures.
Ian Snook is a Partner at William Buck providing services to medium business enterprises and professions with his primar function being to provide taxation advice including tax planning, compliance and business structuring. Ian is a current member of The Tax Institute's South Australian State Council and Tax Technical Committee.
- Current at
13 October 2016