Published on 13 Jul 04
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
These case studies cover the following topics:
- loss preservation on reorganisation - do you have losses?
- value shifting - is this going to be a problem?
- refinancing options - debt or equity, which is the best?
- how to extract gains pre reorganisation
- GST - grouping issues and how to preserve ITCs
- case studies: loss prevention and value shifting.
Keith leads the State and Indirect Tax Division of KPMG Brisbane. He provides advice and assistance to a wide group of corporate and State Government clients. Apart from his specialist skills in GST, Keith also consults in state taxes and employment taxes such as FBT and Payroll Tax. Keith is actively involved in GST compliance reviews and audits conducted by the Australian Taxation Office. Keith has consulted in Australian GST since its inception. Prior to moving to Australia in 1999, Keith spent 12 years consulting in New Zealand GST. During this time, Keith conducted numerous GST compliance reviews for corporate clients. He has also participated in GST audits conducted by the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department.
Current at 19 December 2005 Current at 19 December 2005
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Keith POLKINGHORNE.
Current at 03 June 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Hayden BENTLEY.