Published on 27 Mar 08
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- brief introduction to climate change, Kyoto, and emissions trading
- how might an emissions trading system be taxed?
- what about money I am spending on CO2 reduction now - do I get a deduction?
- geosequestration expenditure - TR 2008/D2
- deductions for planting trees - Tax Law Amendment (2008 Measures No.1) Bill.
Craig is a Special Counsel at Minter Ellison. He specialises in corporate taxation, and has
substantial experience in tax litigation, and in achieving negotiated outcomes with the ATO. He is a Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia and the Australia and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, and is a member
of the Taxation Institute of Australia’s National Corporate and CGT Technical Committees, as well as the Queensland Education and Technical Committees. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Graduate Diploma of Insurance and a
Masters of Tax.
Current at 27 March 2008 Current at 11 April 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Craig BOWIE.