Published on 10 Feb 11
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- information sharing & bank transparency
- an Australian perspective - formal notices to supply information to the ATO
- international cooperation efforts and exchange of information
- international collaboration
- approaches used in other countries
- global forum on transparency and exchange of information
- treaties - art or practice of treaty shopping.
Jan is the Deputy Comissionser (Case leader) for the Australian Tax Office. She has worked on many complex international and domestic tax matters over 25 years and most recently was posted for 16 months as the Tax Office representative in Washington DC. In Washington, Jan was assigned to an international working group of four countries - Australia, USA, Canada and the United Kingdom - called the Joint International Tax Shelter Information Centre (JITSIC). Jan has also participated with the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development working party on tax avoidance and evasion.
Current at 5 March 2008 Current at 30 March 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jan Farrell.