Published on 03 Nov 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers:
- stamp duty
- imposition of tax on tax
- is there a solution?
- income tax - GST adjustments and impact on income tax. Is there a practical solution?
- fringe benefits tax
- Division 71 of GST Act - is it necessary?
- flow on impact on payroll tax and workers compensation - why taxpayers need to get it right the first time
- superannuation guarantee contribution
- contractors - imposition of tax on tax?
- interaction with payroll tax and FBT
- land tax - valuation issues.
Geoff is a Partner at Blake Dawson Waldron. His practice covers most areas of indirect tax law. Geoff’s broad practice enables him to consult in relation to overall tax management strategies and review programs as well as due diligence exercises. Geoff has practised in stamp duty for over 18 years, advising on a wide range of transactions and issues across all states and territories duties
legislation. Geoff’s multi skilling across tax areas, his dual legal and accounting qualifications, as well as his practical exposure to legal drafting put him in a unique position to address the issues arising in his
areas of practise.
Current at 25 September 2007 Current at 06 October 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Geoff MANN.