Published on 13 Mar 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper includes the following topics:
- what is legal professional privilege - Daniel's case
- the ATO Guidelines - what is covered and what is the status of the guidelines
- making sure privilege is not waived
- role of the ATO Code of Settlement Practice
- advantages and disadvantages of claiming privilege.
Andrew Broadfoot is and has been a barrister in Melbourne since 2002. He appears in and advises on trials and appeals in taxation, commercial and administrative law. He frequently appears both in trials and appeals for taxpayers and also for the Commissioner of Taxation. He has also been involved in numerous disputes, both for taxpayers and for the Commissioner of Taxation, which have settled through alternative dispute resolution processes. Current at 15 October 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Andrew BROADFOOT.
Further details about this event: