Published on 10 Sep 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- possible inconsistencies with other rewrite jurisdictions
- case update - duties cases in other jurisdictions
- recent land tax case and potential implications for Queensland
- payroll tax update
- traps when dealing with interstate businesses
- QLD and NSW acquisition of business - case study.
Howard has practised in revenue law at the Queensland bar for over 15 years. He has also lectured part-time in Tax Administration, Taxation of Financial Transactions and GST in the Master of Laws / Taxation programme at UQ and delivered seminar and conference papers upon a number of other tax topics.
- Current at
20 November 2012