Published on 08 Aug 12
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper examines some of the issues to be considered by an estate planner when considering the use of life estates and whether this approach still has a role in the modern will. The paper considers some of the general issues relating to testamentary trusts:
- nature of life interests and reversions
- capital gains tax and life estates
- practical application of taxation ruling TR 2006/14
- advantages of the testamentary trust with life and reversionary interests
- aset protection and testamentary trusts
- the master trust concept role of family agreements in the estate plan.
Kevin J MUNRO
Kevin works for Munro Lawyers
Current at 22 January 2008 Current at 25 January 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Kevin J MUNRO.
Emma Munro is a Senior Lawyer at Munro Lawyers. Current at 03 September 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Emma Munro.