Published on 18 Jul 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- loans - when does a loans arise?
- is a loan different to an amount held on trust?
- recognising loans and distinguishing them from contributed capital?
- ensuring there are no future disputes because all transactions are properly documented
- role of an accountant in ‘creating’ loans - where does that debit entry go?
- ATO Taxation Rulings and Determinations Case Study.
Craig is an experienced accountant and tax consulting professional specialising in working with large international businesses, listed groups
and large privately held businesses. He leads Grant Thornton's national research and development tax specialist team. In this role he works
with clients involved in innovation and assists in securing R&D tax concessions, other innovation related government incentives and
management of IP.
- Current at
23 January 2017