Published on 10 Feb 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- Division 7A changes: extended time to repay and document
- trust loans and Division 7A
- loan forgiveness - remember the pitfalls?
- statute barred loans - where are we?
- addressing old loans
- debt equity rules for loans to private companies - the final position.
This paper was also presented by Marcus Davis at the 'SMEs - There's More to Know' seminar held in Sydney on 28 March 2006.
Jamie is a Partner with Hanrick Curran Chartered Accountants, heading up their tax consulting division. His 19 years of experience in mid tier through to Big 4 chartered accounting firms, combined with a Master of Taxation have provided him with the commercial experience and technical knowledge to provide practical solutions to taxation and business problems. Jamie regularly advises clients on their initial business structure and on business restructuring transactions. Jamie also assists smaller and regional accounting, legal and financial services firms by providing them with technical tax advice and training to help them service their clients.
- Current at
30 August 2017