Published on 30 Jul 14
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- maximum net asset value test - timing issues
- what is a liability for the purposes of the MNAV test?
- liabilities of the entity that are related to the CGT assets
- net value of CGT assets is calculated on an entity by entity basis
- market value of CGT assets
- evidentiary issues.
Philip is a barrister at the Victorian Bar practising in federal and state taxation and superannuation. He acts for both taxpayers and revenue authorities and has appeared in a number of leading cases in these fields. Philip is also the author of Bender’s Australian Stamp Duties, a book published by The Tax Institute dealing with stamp duty in all Australian jurisdictions.
- Current at
26 June 2019