Published on 27 Aug 09
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what taxpayers need to do to ensure that they actually have a main residence including how long must they live in it
- provides some tips in maximising the benefit of the "two hectare" boundary
- explores opportunities with the six year absence rule
- through case studies, revisits the partial main residence rules
- explains how combinations of sections can be used to reduce the gain
- revisits key points that need to be worked through when sub-dividing the family home.
Current at 03 November 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Robert WARNOCK.