Published on 28 Mar 03
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
Primary producers are facing difficult times so it is essential that all available tax concessions are used by them. This seminar paper gives a practical overview of the main deductions available as well as considering appropriate structures for conducting the business. Matters covered include:
- vineyards/horticultural plants
- water facilities/Landcare operations
- drought and deferred profits
- access to Government benefits
- farm management deposits
- effects of tax and environmental issues
- structuring/non-commercial losses.
Barbie Chiro FTIA is National Tax Partner at Walker Wayland. Barbie specialises in taxation planning and advice for small business. Her main areas of interest are in matters relating to capital gains tax, trusts, superannuation, and business succession planning.
- Current at
20 August 2008