Published on 21 Aug 12
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
You are meeting a new SME client with their own SMSF. Do you have a practical checklist to cover all the issues that you and the client will need to consider?
Use this paper to develop a checklist for your clients covering:
- cash flow planning for contributions
- taking over administration of a SMSF
- checking key fund documents and records
- risk areas to identify
- avoiding excess contributions tax
- key dates
- workflow and submission of information from clients
- what can the tax agent advise on and what needs to be referred out?
Brett is the Director, Superannuation Consulting at Vincents Chartered Accountants. Brett specialised in all aspects of superannuation compliance including retirements saving accounts, large retail public offer superannuation funds and SMSF. His expertise includes consulting in respect of retirement planning, contribution
strategies and reviewing investment structures.
- Current at
19 November 2009