Published on 24 Mar 06
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The Federal Government Work Choices Legislation is designed to:
- Move toward a simpler national system of Industrial Relations
- Simplify the agreement making process;
- Establish a new Fair Pay Commission;
- Offer protection to employees against unlawful termination and restrict access to the unfair dismissal laws;
- Ensure an ongoing role for the Australian Industrial Relations Commission;
- Enshrine a set of minimum standards in Federal legislation;
- Provide for a modern system of award protection for those employees not covered byindustrial agreements.
It is anticipated that the Work Choices reforms will take effect in March. Leanne Nickels will
provide you with an overview of the reforms and discuss what employers should be doing now
to ready their business for the introduction of the reforms.
Current at 29 February 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Leanne NICKELS.