Published on 10 Oct 03
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This seminar paper covers the following issues:
- assimilation - good policy for true and tax law partnerships?
- entering partnership, earning up an interest, and retiring
- practitioner perspective - the draft partnership rulings
- registration of partnerships and trusts, including bare trusts
- claiming credits for administration costs of trusts.
David W Marks, QC, CTA is a Barrister at the Queensland Bar, with an extensive practice principally in tax, and more generally in equity and commercial matters. David was admitted as a solicitor in 1992, as a barrister in 2000, and took silk in 2015. He is an interstate member of the SA Bar Association. David contributes to tax law & policy submissions, for The Tax Institute, as a member of TTI technical committees. He is a past member of Qld’s State Council and Education Committee. In 2013, David received TTI’s Meritorious Service Award.
- Current at
02 March 2017