Published on 08 Feb 11
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what is a blended family?
- relevant legislation
- effect on wills in Tasmania where a person marries or divorces or registers or revokes a deed of relationship
- strategies for dealing with blended families
- life interest trust
- are mutual wills and option?
- appointing and directing trustees.
Bernard O'Sullivan CTA
Bernie is a Principal of Bernie O'Sullivan Lawyers, a firm that specialises in estate planning, taxation, superannuation and trusts and related litigation services for private and business clients. The firm helps clients move wealth from one generation to another in the most effective manner. Bernie is lead author of The Tax Institute's Estate & Business Succession Planning, and has recently been appointed as lecturer and writer for Deakin University's undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Estate Planning. Current at 26 July 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bernie O'SULLIVAN.
Further details about this event: