Published on 23 Mar 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- use of "and/or nominee" provisions in real estate contracts
- "off the plan" purchases
- holding property interests upon trust
- unit trust vs discretionary trust, stamp duty issues
- distributions of property out of a discretionary trust
- non pro-rata unit trust issue and redemption of units
- identifying land rich issues in property transactions.
William is a Partner at Donaldson Walsh. He was admitted as a
lawyer in 1978 and is a commercial partner of Donaldson Walsh practising
extensively in the area of general commercial law, with particular emphasis on
property transaction and involving taxation (including State taxation) issues.
- Current at
15 September 2017