Published on 29 Oct 04
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers the following topics:
- tax partnerships - who sells what to whom and who is liable for GST?
- joint ventures - who supplies what to whom, who is liable for GST and when (and why should we care)?
- margin scheme update - the law, ATO interpretation and the reality
- sale of a going concern - an anti-avoidance measure?
- the latest GST schemes. Yes, the GST legislation does have a GAAP
- everyday issues from GST cases to date.
Tony has more than 20 years' experience in the indirect tax field, recently taking up a consulting role with RSM Bird Cameron in Perth. Most of his work is in the areas of GST, Payroll Tax and fuel Tax Credits. For several years he sat on the Western Australian State Revenue Liaison Committee as part of his role as Chairman of the Taxation Committee at the WA Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Current at
22 March 2016