Your shopping cart is empty

Property investment and development paper


Topics covered in this paper include:

  • how do I structure the investment?
  • will I make a capital gain or a revenue gain?
  • what happens if I develop what was formerly my main residence?
  • how should I go into a joint venture with a builder?
  • what costs will be deductible?

Author profiles

Scott McGill CTA
Scott is a Partner at Pitcher Partners Sydney where he focuses on taxation, business, structuring and succession issues for a wide range of clients. Scott also heads the property industry speciality in the Sydney practice, working with small and large developers, retirement village operators and investors as well as aged care providers. Scott is active in The Tax Institute as New South Wales State Chair, and in number of technical forums including the Property Council, Retirement Living Council and CAANZ taxation working groups. He has extensive experience in income tax, GST and state taxes from both his time in public practice as well as at the ATO, and has a reputation for achieving commercial outcomes on complex issues. - Current at 04 January 2018
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Scott MCGILL.
Andrew Noolan CTA
Andrew is a Partner in the Sydney law firm Brown Wright Stein Lawyers. His clients are accountants and lawyers in public practice that require advice on tax issues impacting on their clients. Andrew specialises in tax issues common to the SME and high-wealth individual sectors. - Current at 23 January 2018
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Andrew NOOLAN.


This was presented at It's My Property - Hands Off! .

Get a 20% discount when you buy all the items from this event.

Individual sessions

Further details about this event:


Copyright Statement
click to expand/collapse