Published on 24 Jul 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
More SMSFs are looking to acquire and then develop real estate. This presentation covers:
- when will real estate development constitute a business and can SMSFs run businesses?
- when can vacant land be acquired from related parties?
- joint ventures: everything you'll ever need to know (including how they differ from partnerships)
- critical GST traps and issues that most advisers aren't aware of
- when is residential property business real property?
- how many SMSFs accidentally lose their CGT discount
- how to integrate with the new borrowing provisions.
Bryce Figot CTA
Bryce is a Director at leading SMSF law firm DBA Lawyers. He practices predominantly in taxation and superannuation law, particularly the law of SMSFs. He is regularly quoted and published in the Australian Financial Review, the Herald Sun, CCH and LexisNexis publications, and elsewhere in the financial press. He presents extensively to accountants, financial planners and lawyers Australia-wide. Bryce has worked with DBA Lawyers since 2003. He holds both a bachelor degree and a masters degree in law and is an accredited Specialist SMSF Advisor. Current at 10 December 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bryce FIGOT.
Daniel Butler CTA
Dan is one of Australia's leading SMSF lawyers and has worked predominantly in the SMSF, tax and related fields for over 30 years. He is a regular presenter on SMSF topics and has published extensively in professional journals including contributing a monthly article on SMSFs to the Taxation in Australia and other media. Dan is a member of the ATO's Superannuation Industry Relationship Network (SIRN), the Chair of The Tax Institute's National Superannuation Committee, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria's Tax Committee, and is involved with a number of other tax and SMSF committees. Dan presents on the subject Taxation of Superannuation at the University of Melbourne's Master of Laws/Tax program. Dan is also a CTA and a Specialist SMSF Advisor. Current at 19 September 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Daniel BUTLER.
Further details about this event: