Published on 24 Jul 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
More SMSFs are looking to acquire and then develop real estate. This presentation covers:
- when will real estate development constitute a business and can SMSFs run businesses?
- when can vacant land be acquired from related parties?
- joint ventures: everything you'll ever need to know (including how they differ from partnerships)
- critical GST traps and issues that most advisers aren't aware of
- when is residential property business real property?
- how many SMSFs accidentally lose their CGT discount
- how to integrate with the new borrowing provisions.
Bryce is a lawyer with DBA Butler Pty Ltd. Lawyers
Current at 11 March 2009 Current at 07 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bryce FIGOT.