Published on 24 Jul 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
More SMSFs are looking to acquire and then develop real estate. This presentation covers:
- when will real estate development constitute a business and can SMSFs run businesses?
- when can vacant land be acquired from related parties?
- joint ventures: everything you'll ever need to know (including how they differ from partnerships)
- critical GST traps and issues that most advisers aren't aware of
- when is residential property business real property?
- how many SMSFs accidentally lose their CGT discount
- how to integrate with the new borrowing provisions.
Dan is one of Australia’s leading SMSF lawyers and has worked predominantly in the SMSF, tax and related fields for over 30 years. He is a regular presenter on SMSF topics and has published extensively in professional journals including contributing a monthly article on SMSFs to the Taxation in Australia and other media.
Dan is a member of the ATO’s Superannuation Industry Relationship Network (SIRN), the Chair of The Tax Institute’s National Superannuation Committee, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Tax Committee, and is involved with a number of other tax and SMSF committees. Dan presents on the subject Taxation of Superannuation at the University of Melbourne’s Master of Laws/Tax program. Dan is also a CTA and a Specialist SMSF Advisor. Current at 11 April 2017
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Daniel BUTLER.
Bryce is a lawyer with DBA Butler Pty Ltd. Lawyers
Current at 11 March 2009 Current at 07 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bryce FIGOT.