Published on 04 Sep 14
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- heavy traffic: the long road to resolving the GST implications of payments to motor vehicle dealers
- the first lap: AP Group in the Tribunal
- the chequered flag? AP Group in the Full Federal Court
- post-race analysis: the ATO draft ruling on motor vehicle incentives
- off the road: rebates and incentives beyond the motor vehicle industry.
Andrew Orme is the ATO’s Deputy Chief Tax Counsel responsible for Public Advice and Guidance. Prior to taking up that role, Andrew held a number of positions within the ATO, including as Assistant Commissioner for independent review and large market objections, and as an Assistant Commissioner in the Tax Counsel Network. Prior to joining the ATO, Andrew worked as a Senior Associate at Clayton Utz and a policy analyst at Treasury.
- Current at
16 December 2020
Jenny joined the ATO in 2012 and is an acting Assistant Commissioner leading the Technical Leadership and Advice branch in Superannuation and Employer Obligations. Jenny has previously held roles in Tax Counsel Network and Service Delivery, providing technical advice on GST and tax administration issues. Prior to joining the ATO, Jenny was a policy analyst in the Revenue Group at Treasury.
- Current at
18 June 2019