Published on 22 Jul 05
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Matters covered in this paper include:
- interaction between going concern and margin scheme - additional GST costs in developments
- long term contracts - end of transitional status
- GST and partnerships and joint ventures
- GST free going concerns - when is a development eligible?
- recent cases and ATO decisions.
Damian has specialised in indirect tax consulting for 17 years. Prior to setting up the boutique GST practice, Damian Welshe & Associates, in May 2005, Damian ran the Queensland GST consulting practices of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Mallesons Stephen Jaques. Damian is a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer. He is also a member of The Tax Institute’s National GST Committee which liaises with the ATO and Treasury on policy matters and interpretational issues. His clients range from large financial institutions to small property developers and a network of other accounting and legal firms which seek specialist advice for their clients.
- Current at
06 October 2017