Published on 19 Apr 05
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Issues covered in this paper include:
- enterprise issues concerning property development including small scale developments and sale of vacant land (MT 2004/D3)
- classification issues of property development structures (GSTR 2004/6: tax partnerships & co-owners)
- alterations to non-reviewable leases transition rules (Tax Laws Amendment (Long-Term Non-Reviewable Contracts) Act 2005)
- alterations to GST on property transactions including the margin scheme, GST groups and joint venture groups (Rulings GSTR 2004/2, GSTR 2004/3 and Taxation Laws Amendment (2005 Measures No 2) Bill)
- application of GST to commercial residential dwellings including serviced apartments and holiday accommodation (Marana Holdings Pty Ltd v FCT 2004 ATC 4,256)
- change in use of property and Division 129 adjustments.
Rob is a Director in KPMG’s indirect tax group in Melbourne, specialising in stamp duties, GST
and land taxes. Rob commenced practice as a lawyer in 1989 and worked for 14 years in leading
Australian law firms and as in house counsel at a major Australian bank, before joining KPMG in
2004. Rob has provided stamp duty advice on all types of commercial transactions, including
mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, corporate reconstructions, business acquisitions and
structured financing transactions, as well as managing state revenue audits and reviews on
behalf of clients.
Current at October 2006 Current at 09 October 2006
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Robert PARKER.
Further details about this event: