Published on 28 Feb 03
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
There have been significant changes and issues arising in relation to Research and Development (R&D) for business in Australia. This seminar paper covers:
- tax concessions - general principles
- mandatory R&D Plans from 1/7/2002
- tax offset for small companies (cashing out)
- premium deductions (175% tax deduction)
- schedule for tax returns
- start grant program - where is it at?
- other grants and assistance available for SMEs.
Terry Lewis FTIA is a partner at Lewis Richmond. Terry’s knowledge and experience spans a broad range of tax issues relating to SME’s, including capital gains tax, tax losses and Division 7A.
Current at 16 July 2008 Current at 23 August 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Terry LEWIS.