Published on 03 Jun 10
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- when can an SMSF use a reserve?
- what must a trustee do in creating and maintaining reserves?
- how are distributions from reserves treated for tax purposes?
- how are amounts distributed from reserves classified for superannuation benefit purposes?
- so what is a reserve?
- what is the maximum amount permitted to be accumulated in reserves?
- what types of reserving strategies are available to SMSFs?
- asset protection.
Current at 30 August 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Robert O'Donohue.