Published on 02 Jun 10
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the history of SMSF reserves
- what is a superannuation fund reserve?
- the new SMSF and why the reserve makes it
- SMSF strategy and compliance
- how is a reserve created?
- reserves, tax and the superannuation laws
- simple SMSF reserve case study
- the importance of the trust deed
- creating a reserve
- creating a self insurance reserve in a SMSF
- self insurance - taxation
- self insurance reserve case study.
Grant is Australia’s leading SMSF expert, trainer and presenter. Since the introduction of SMSFs
in 1994, Grant has presented on the subject to more than 20,000 accountants, trained 500 accountants to
become specialist SMSF advisers and written four sold out editions of “The SMSF Strategy Guide” for
professional publisher • CCH. Grant is Principal of SMSF Strategies, a firm located in Sydney that provides
accountants with strategic and technical advice, trust deeds, pension • reserves and investment strategy
Kits, specialist training and back office tools and resources to enhance the revenue and profitability of an
existing SMSF operation. Current at 08 April 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Grant ABBOTT.
Further details about this event: