Published on 09 Aug 05
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper focusses on the restructuring and winding-up of trusts. In particular, it addresses the income tax issues associated with the following areas:
- tax issues associated with restructure of a trust
- family trust election constraints
- trust splitting and 'mirror' trusts
- winding-up of trusts - key tax considerations
- trust deed vagaries - vesting of trusts
- income tax treatment of proceeds - capital or income?
- amended assessments post-vesting - are they an issue?
Ross is an experienced tax lawyer specialising in M&A transactions and a Director of Brian Ward & Partners.
- Current at
31 July 2008