Published on 07 Sep 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- developer versus operator
- new villages and receipt of initial funds from residents
- capital versus revenue distinction - resident contracts
- lease premium versus resident loan
- deferred management fees, share of capital gain/(loss)
- sinking fund and capital replacement fund issues - trust funds
- tax planning and structure issues
- sale of villages - capital gain or revenue
- resident liabilities
- transitional issues TR 2002/14 versus TR 94/24.
Brian Nimmo is a Director at Perks Chartered Accountants. Brian draws on his general business advisory experience, as well as his background in specialist taxation consulting, to provide clients with commercially focused strategic taxation advice.
- Current at
06 March 2017